Call for papers: SUMAC Workshop 2021, 20.-24.10.2021
Don’t miss out on the chance to take part in the 3rd workshop on Structuring and Understanding of Multimedia heritAge Contents – SUMAC 2021
Already for the 3rd time the team around Valerie Gouet-Brunet (IGN France/Université Gustave Eiffel/TMO executive board) organises a workshop staged within the frame of the international conference ACM Multimedia 2021 in Chengdu, China, from 20. – 24. October 2021.
The workshop is meant to act as an international stage for the presentation and discussion of the latest and most significant trends in the analysis, structuring and understanding of multimedia contents dedicated to the valorization of heritage, with emphasis on the unlocking of and access to the Big Data of the Past. You are most welcome to contribute your research papers for the following (but not limited to) topics:
- Multimedia and cross-domain data interlinking and recommendation
- Dating and spatialisation of historical data
- Mixed media data access and indexing
- Deep learning in adverse conditions (transfer learning, learning with side information, etc.)
- Multi-modal time series analysis, evolution modelling
- Multi-modal and multi-temporal data rendering
- Heritage – Building Information Modelling, Art Virtualisation
- HCI / Interfaces for large-scale datasets
- Smart digitisation of massive quantities of data
- Bench-marking, Open Data Movement
- Generative modelling of cultural heritage
Submission deadline is July 30th 2021 – for more information go here.
Like in the previous year, the organisers and committee will award a prize of 500 euros for the best article, chosen by a selected jury and to be announced at the end of the workshop. The award is co-sponsored by the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität (FAU) Erlangen, the French Mapping Agency (IGN) and the French National Research Agency (ANR, Alegoria project).
So don’t hesitate to share your scientific expertise and submit your article!