Time Machine Organisation
A unique type of organisation
The Time Machine Organisation is the leading international organisation for cooperation in technology, science and cultural heritage and the institutional governing framework that ensures the sustainability and economic independence of the Time Machine project.
It is an internationally oriented association under Austrian law and headquartered in Vienna. As such, the association is open to any type of legal entity that deals with science, technology and cultural heritage. Furthermore, it is possible for individuals to join the Time Machine network by becoming a Time Machine Supporter.
The Time Machine Organisation will:
- Provide a platform for carrying out projects of different kinds in different funding programmes with different consortia (consulting in terms of funding instruments, finding appropriate partners, project management etc.)
- Develop technologies in order to further advance the digital use and reuse of cultural heritage
- Build an infrastructure that implements the goals and activities of the Time Machine Organisation (servers, databases, platforms, etc.) as well as strengthen the practical capabilities of the Time Machine Organisation and its members
- Create an environment for continuous exchange of knowledge, best practice and expertise in order to boost current and future developments (online knowledge base, Time Machine events like the Time Machine conference 2019, workshops, national stakeholder meetings, special networking events etc.)
- Provide open source tools and technologies
- Offer support in different fields (use of technologies and infrastructure, project building, etc.)