Submission deadline: 16 October 2022
The Belvedere Research Center continues its conference series on digital transformation of art museums with its fifth anniversary event on this crucial subject. The focus of this event is on the metaverse, an embodied virtual-reality experience, and its connection to cultural institutions.
Over four evenings, our forthcoming online conference will present interdisciplinary contributions to broader questions relating to the metaverse which primarily – but not exclusively – reflect critically on the following issues:
- The construction and deconstruction of the term metaverse and the associated value discussion, especially in relation to the cultural sphere;
- The relationship between e-commerce and open-access movements;
- VR/AR/XR applications in the museum;
- overcoming digital boundaries and interoperability, Linked Open Data;
- interactive art education in the digital world and in the metaverse, gamification;
- NFTs and the role of museums in the digital art market;
- innovative forms of immersion, participation;
- artificial intelligence and machine learning; and
- digitization opportunities for smaller institutions.
For more details on the upcoming and past conference as well as the corresponding call for papers, please visit the website of the Belvedere by following the link below.
The Belvedere Research Center looks forward to receiving proposals in the fields of museum/museology, art and cultural history, media studies and the digital humanities. Please send your abstracts for a 20- to 25-minute presentation in German or English (max. 250 words), including a short biography with complete contact information as one PDF document by 16 October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.