Date: 14 June 2023 – 14:00 to 15:30 CEST
Participation: Free of charge
Introduction: 3D for Data Space
The Time Machine Organisation is a partner within the Europeana Data Space consortium, aiming to create the common European data space for cultural heritage that will support Europe’s cultural sector in its digital transformation and promote the creation, use, and reuse of content in areas such as the cultural and creative sectors and tourism, as well as education and scientific research.
To this end, the Europeana Data Space consortium seeks to source and aggregate 3D content for the above-mentioned data space for cultural heritage. A targeted communication campaign 3D for Data Space rolled out by the consortium partners Europeana, CARARE, Inception, and the Time Machine Organisation will engage with domain and national aggregators as well as further data partners to build cooperation with cultural heritage institutions. This campaign will not only encourage but rather guide institutions across Europe through the process of ingesting their 3D models and related metadata to the Europeana portal.
The webinar: A step-by-step guide
To provide information, hands-on instructions, and support in real time on how to deliver 3D content to Europeana, the Time Machine Organisation will host an online webinar on 14 June 2023, organized together with CARARE and Europeana. This webinar is specifically tailored to the Time Machine member community.
The webinar will allow you to:
- Learn about 3D content in Europeana: Current status, policy goals, the role of aggregators, the benefits for data providers, and data quality requirements
- Explore concrete examples of how to deliver 3D content to Europeana via the experiences of a few selected Local Time Machine projects
- Be able to ask questions in real time and troubleshoot any issues you may have encountered in delivering 3D content to Europeana.
- Opening & welcome
- Introduction on the content and programme of the webinar
- Europeana & 3D models: context, targets, generic workflows, quality requirements
- Role of CARARE and introduction to the workflows (Share3D & MINT/REPOX)
- Use cases of delivering 3D content to CARARE/Europeana from the Local Time Machines (LTMs) ecosystem
- Step-by-step presentation of the Share3D workflow
- Closing remarks
- [Part 2] For those who are interested, opportunity to test the Share3D workflow with their own 3D model, with step-by-step assistance by instructors.
The data publication on the Europeana platform will be guided by the consortium partner CARARE and will elevate the visibility of your data to European level and create new opportunities for public (re-)use scenarios of your data in the cultural and creative sectors tourism, education and scientific research.
Registrations for the webinar are now closed. Due to the great interest in our community, we plan to repeat the webinar in early 2024. For any questions, please send an email to email@example.com.
A recording of the event is available on this page.