In 2009, in the former Euregional Historical Centre Sittard-Geleen (now Archives De Domijnen) project was started: presenting digitally and georeferencing all cadastral information, starting with the year 1843 and later ‘filling the gap’ to the year 1970. It was, and still is, mainly a citizen science project, which is facilitated by several archives and individuals.
Since then, many archives and historical societies in the province of Limburg have joined to add data, which is presented online bij the foundation LGGI.
In the website aezel.eu all data is presented in 4 languages: English, French, German and Dutch.
Every parcel is directly related to scans of the original data.
With the buttons ‘search’ and ‘options’ you can search through several ‘layers’ like topographic maps 2016 and 1843, satellite-map or relief-map 2016.
- Stichting LGGI
- Erfgoedcoöperatie Limburg CEL
- SHEM Eijsden-Margraten
- Gemeentearchief Roermond
- Heemkundevereniging Geleen
- Heemkundevereniging Beek
With financial support by
Archief De Domijnen is part of Stichting De Domijnen, a cultural organisation of several libraries, two museums, a centre for pop-music, a theatre a'nd the historical archives after a merger in the year 2015. A staff of about 120 persones ánd over 300 volunteers work there. It is located in Sittard-Geleen, in the province of Limburg in the south of the Netherlands
Stichting LGGI (limburgs Genealogisch en Geschiedkundig Informatiecentrum) is a organisation of volunteers, aiming at the presentation of historical content related to genealogical data. Since a few years LGGI also aims in cooperation with archives and historical societies at the presentation of cadastral data.