DARIAH-PL Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities
DARIAH-PL is a development project carried out with an objective to build Dariah.lab – a research infrastructure for digital humanities. Dariah.lab is designed to provide hardware and software resources which enable acquisition, storage and integration of cultural data from the humanities and social sciences, as well as processing, visualizing and sharing of digital resources. Access to these resources will be possible in the form of individual objects, sets or collections and semantic networks of these objects. As a result, the implementation of interdisciplinary research that requires the use of a variety of materials will be much easier. One of the main objectives of this work is provide support for preservation of the Polish cultural heritage, both tangible and intangible.
In particular, three research areas identified through the analysis of the DARIAH-PL working groups experience will be supported: 1) geoarchaeology covering broadly understood non-invasive analysis and documentation of soil, landscape and historic sites for reconstructing environmental and climate changes throughout history among others; 2) cultural data covering broadly understood interdisciplinary research on culture and phenomena occurring in it; 3) musicology covering research on music as an acoustic, cultural, historical and social phenomenon and its perception.
- Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw
- Institute of History of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Computer Science of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Slavic Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Polish Language of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Poznan University of Technology
- Adam Mickiewicz University
- Jagiellonian University in Kraków
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
- Maria Curie-Skłodowska University University of Wroclaw
- Institute of Art of the Polish Academy of Sciences
- Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń