IDEHA – Innovation for Data Elaboration in Heritage Areas
IDEHA Project aims to create an open ICT platform for Cultural Heritage, combining both digital content from traditional repositories and information generated in real time by users or environmental sensors, aggregating, processing and understanding the data by utilizing new learning technologies to build services profiled through specific multimodal applications (eg.: mobile apps) and usable in wide scale on different cultural sites, large or small, distributed across the territory.
The platform can aggregate different types of content: a) real-time, coming from sensory, IoT, social networks and other crowd-based content; b) information from HBIM systems; c) research data, coming from traditional instrumentation for diagnostics and conservation; d) other contextual data, coming from different fields of research – humanistic, archival, librarian, historical, philological, linguistic etc.
Central components of the architecture are:
1) a catalogue of resources that enumerates, indexes and makes different entities searchable: content (search datasets, 3D models, information model files), tools, databases and services (HBIM, digital libraries, viewers, GIS, etc.);
2) a suite of front-end services for navigating and enjoying, multilevel and multichannel, the above resources, including through mobile devices;
3) a series of innovative services for immersive use.
The platform is therefore aimed at an intelligent system to connect Cultural Heritage information, based on an open source framework to support:
– creation of value-added applications and services for tourism and economic development of the South Italy;
– creation of innovative solutions for the enjoyment and preservation of Cultural Heritage, also through the transfer of technology and skills between research centres and SMEs;
– planning and rationalization of operations on Cultural Heritage.