Creative Europe: Innovation Lab
- Action type: CREA Project Grants (CREA-CROSS-2021-INNOVLAB)
- Opening date: Tuesday, June 1st, 2021
- Closing date: Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 17:00 (Europe/Brussels)
- Budget per project: € 400 000 of total € 6 320 000
- Estimated number of projects funded: 15
- Project duration: 2 years
- Official website
The Creative Innovation Lab shall incentivise players from different cultural and creative sectors to design and test innovative digital solutions with a potential positive long-term impact on multiple cultural and creative sectors. The Lab shall facilitate the creation of innovative solutions (e.g. tools, models and methodologies) that can apply to the audiovisual sector and at least another creative and/or cultural sector. Solutions should be easily replicable and have a potential for market penetration. For the purposes of clarity, the project does not necessarily have to be applicable immediately to the audiovisual sector but one that could easily be replicated in this sector.
For the purposes of this year’s call, apart from the overall general objectives, a thematic approach is also being adopted to ensure that projects that target the policy objectives of Creative Europe are rewarded. For the first year of the Creative Innovation Lab, the two themes that will be specifically covered are greening across the creative and cultural sectors as well as innovative education tools using creativity and creative sectors to tackle relevant societal topics such as disinformation.
- Improve the competitiveness of the European audiovisual and other cultural and creative sectors through cross sector collaboration;
- Increase knowledge transfer between different sectors of creative industries;
- Increase the visibility, availability and diversity of European content in the digital age;
- Improve business models and use of data;
- Increase the potential audience of European content in the digital age.
Description of the activities to be funded
The InnovLab support shall support the development of innovative tools, models and solutions applicable in the audiovisual and other cultural and creative sectors. It aims to support the competitiveness, cooperation, circulation, visibility, availability, diversity and increasing of audiences across sectors.
Special attention will be given to applications presenting adequate strategies to ensure more sustainable and more environmentally-respectful industry and to ensure gender balance, inclusion, diversity and representativeness.
The EU grant is limited to a maximum co-financing rate of 60% of total eligible costs.
* Budget per project and number of project estimated