Limburg Cemeteries

Overview

Date coverage: 1600 - 2021 Website Contact

In 2009, in the former Euregional Historical Centre Sittard-Geleen (now Archives De Domijnen) project was started: presenting digitally and georeferencing all cadastral information, starting with the year 1843 and later ‘filling the gap’ to the year 1970. It was, and still is, mainly a citizen science project, which is facilitated by several archives and individuals.
Since then, many archives and historical societies in the province of Limburg have joined to add data, which is presented online bij the foundation LGGI.
In the website aezel.eu all data is presented in 4 languages: English, French, German and Dutch.
Every parcel is directly related to scans of the original data. Not only cadastral parcels can be georeferenced, also graves and the graveyard itself can be researched in this way.
With the buttons ‘search’ and ‘options’ you can search through several ‘layers’ like topographic map 2016 and 1843, satellite-map of relief-map 2016.

Project partners

Lead partners

Associated partners

Other partners

  • Stichting LGGI
  • gemeente Roermond

With financial support by